Tuesday 11 March 2014

Audiences' Response

Audience response in terms of produced title sequence is very important for me. The judgement of the produced product is always necessary to make. I showed my finalised product to a my housemates. According to their judgement, I realised that my title sequence was quite successful.

According to the audience, I managed to film the title sequence in the right genre. They have mentioned that the video product fits the image of psychological thriller, and they expect it to be interesting and entertaining. They have also said that the colours that were used in the sequence suited the atmosphere, in which the title sequence was filmed. Colours such as red (the colour of blood) and beige (a calm and relaxed colour) made a good contrast in title sequence. According to the audience, the light also played a big role in the extract. The way the colour was distributed, looked very nice on the camera.

Throughout the title sequence, the amount of cuts was increasing, (as in original title sequence SE7EN). As audience mentioned, it crated an effect of unexpectedness. Also I mainly used a close-up shots, in my title sequence. The combination of both close-up shots and dissimilarity of colours made the title sequence unusual and compulsive.  I asked audience of what they think about camera work, and the response was surprising. They said that in total, the title sequence is good. However, in some moments, the camera work was random. They have also mentioned that the sound perfectly matched the video. "Because the sound was so random, it made it fun to watch", said one of my housemate.

The classification was also very important aspect in my title sequence. I believe my film should be classified as '15' because it may contain a lot of violence scenes as well as strong language being used from time to time. No-one under 15 is allowed to see a 15 film at the cinema or buy/rent a ‘15’ rated DVD. 15 rated works are not suitable for children under 15 years of age. The audience, however, disagreed that the film should be classified as '15'. They believe the classification of the film should be '18', according to title sequence that I showed to them. I later explained to them that I want to make a so-called borderline '15' film, which means it will contain strong language, as well as violence and sex. This will allow the film to be in the borderline of '15' and '18'.

No comments:

Post a Comment